Avocado Toast. Now on every cafe, coffee shop, and brunch menu. Is this a fad or is there something to this raging menu item?
Well, good news is that you can make Avocado Toast any way you would like and can load it up with ample and diverse ingredients. We have loaded up our version with nutrient-rich foods perfect for a well-balanced diet and immune boosting properties.
To answer our question, we definitely think there is something to this great menu item, which is why we included it in our immune boosting series.
So what’s in this avocado toast??
Lets talk about the ingredients and why they are a fabulous start to your day. Of note, below highlights the main immune boosting property of each ingredient. There are many additional vitamins and minerals in each ingredient which have even more additional benefits in the body.
- Good source of so many nutrients – vitamins C, E, B vitamins, folate, magnesium and packed with antioxidants.
- The Baking Company 5 Seed Bread
- High in antioxidants, protein, and zinc
- Vitamins K, A, and C and helps improve blood flow and lowers blood pressure
- Rich in calcium, vitamin A, and protein
- A superfood with a very good source of Vitamin E, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, and protein, which is necessary for normal cell growth and function. They also contain antioxidants to protect cells. Almonds are rich in copper, zinc, manganese and magnesium which are all essential minerals in the immune system.
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Heavy in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C helping to protect the body from inflammation
- Contains high amounts of protein, B vitamins, selenium and choline
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lebne
- pinch of salt
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1 raw asparagus
- 2 tsp pomegranate seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 eggs (optional)
- black pepper
- Toast two slices of bread
- Spread 1 tbsp of lebne on each slice of toast
- Sprinkle Redmond Real Kosher salt on lebne
- Cut, slice, peel, and pit avocado into a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and garlic powder to avocado and mash together with a fork
- Split avocado mash into 2 and add each portion on top of each toast and lebne
- Shave raw asparagus using a peeler and add slices on top each toast's avocado mash
- Toast almond slivers by adding to a small pan on medium heat. Flip almonds every 30 seconds for about 2 minutes
- Sprinkle toasted almond slivers and pomegranate seeds on each toast
- Fry two eggs and place each egg on top of each toast
- Sprinkle black pepper and extra virgin olive oil on top and enjoy!