Friends – Pumpkin Spice Latte’s may be back, but it is still HOTT out there! Soak up these last days of summer with a nice picnic, and add some of our healthy chicken salad to your basket while you’re at it. Now, I’ll admit, I’m not a fan of mayonnaise and therefore was never really a fan of chicken salad. But some years back, I tried a bite of the chicken salad at a small Italian-inspired café where my sister worked during high school and my opinion changed. It was light and fresh, not heavy and bland like chicken salads I had before. Why, you might ask? The Mediterranean ingredients of plain yogurt and dill, of course. And an additional plus is that this salad is packed with protein and superfoods – so you do not have to feel bad about eating something so delicious.
We hope you give it a try over a bed of mixed greens or between two slices of grainy bread. You should also add a glass of chilled white wine, for good measure. If you weren’t a fan before, you’re sure to be one now.
Bosas and happy picnicking!
If you make this Chicken Salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! And of course, tag us on Instagram at ThreeTeasKitchen! We love seeing what you’re cooking up!
- 2 cups coarsely chopped rotisserie chicken (2/3 white meat; 1/3 dark)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds (heaping cup)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or labne (kefir cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped red grapes
- 1 stalk celery ,finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Chop almonds in food processor and remove
- Using the “pulse” button on your food processor, mix chicken, salt, dill and yogurt until it comes together in a paste-like consistency
- Transfer chicken mixture from food processor to a bowl. Carefully mix in chopped grapes and celery until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens or baby spinach and top off with some balsamic glaze. Bon Appetit!