This Asparagus Fattoush is proof that you can use whatever is in season or what you have on hand to make this beloved middle eastern salad. It is so fresh and the perfect addition to your Memorial Day Mediterranean Mezze Table. Along with some other […]
Say hello to this tahini ranch dressing slathered over romaine salad! Not sure about anyone else here, but more recently in quarantine, I have been leaning into some fresh greens. It could be because of all those borek, comforting rice dishes and middle eastern cookies….but […]
There is nothing better than sitting with a refreshing drink while the sun is shining and hearing ocean waves. For the past few years, I have had the luxury of living in the beautiful Manhattan Beach. When moving to LA, we chose this neighborhood to get away from the constant bustling LA scene. But, it still gives us access to the other great neighborhoods LA offers. Fortunately, we live right by the beach and have a lovely rooftop overlooking the water.
Easily transitioning to constant warm weather after moving from Chicago, we whipped up this this drink as a signature weekend favorite. We always make it for guests when they come to visit us. A play on Tata’s rose water lemonade, I like to think we brought something back from Chicago and made it our own in Manhattan Beach. So, pucker up and get sun-kissed while drinking this breezy Manhattan Beach Cocktail.
Manhattan Beach Cocktail
- 3 oz gin about 2 shots
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 3 mint leaves
- Use a highball glass or another tall glass
- Add ice, gin, sparkling water, lemon juice, rose water, simple syrup and stir
- Add in mint leaves and enjoy!
This salad comes together quickly and is so refreshing and flavorful.The freshness comes from the mix of parsley, mint, lemon, cucumber and tomato. This is a common side salad that greets many Middle Eastern tables and can pair with about any dish, such as kabob, […]
This is NOT your grandma’s mayo filled potato salad! This is our Tata’s refreshing and tangy potato salad. This potato salad is very light and crisp with its fresh ingredients of parsley, green onion, and lemon juice. It’s the perfect summer potato salad and will be a hit during your Memorial Day BBQ.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes (can also use red skin or russet)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 medium sized lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place potatoes in a pot and add just enough water to cover all the potatoes. Season the water generously with salt
- Boil potatoes in water until the potatoes are just soft enough to stick your fork through. They should not be too soft as they need to hold their shape when mixing the potatoes with the rest of the ingredients in the potato salad
- Strain water from potatoes and let them cool
- While waiting for the potatoes to cool, chop the parsely and green onion and juice the 3 lemons. Set aside
- Once cooled enough to handle, peel the skin from the potatoes. The skin should come off easily in this step (if not that means you did not boil the potatoes long enough and will need to repeat step 1)
- Cut the peeled potatoes into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch cubes)
- Once the potatoes are cooled completely, combine the parsely, green onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add salt to taste