This beloved Middle Eastern salad can have so many seasonal additions/modifications, like asparagus! It is dressed with a lemony, sumac vinaigrette. Topped off with pita chips, this will be a hit at any dining experience!
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tbsp sumac
- ½ tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 bushel of asparagus, cut on a diagonal into pieces, and then blanched
- 1 head of butter lettuce, or whatever lettuce you have
- 2 vine tomatoes, or whatever tomato you have
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- pita chips **(recipe linked here)
- ⅔ cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- sumac for garnish on top
Follow this link on how to make the best pita chips!
Place lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, asparagus, green onion, pita chips, parsley & mint (if using) in a bowl or platter.**
Add enough dressing to your liking and toss.
Sprinkle a little extra sumac on the salad. Enjoy right away!
Three Teas Tips:
*This makes a little more dressing than you may need for this salad. Its great to use on another salad or marinade for meat over the next few days.
**If you plan to prepare this salad in advance, do not add pita chips until right before serving as it will get soggy. You can store the pita in a ziplock bag until ready to use. Once you are ready to serve add prepared dressing and pita chips to vegetables.